Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"For the love of a daughter"




This is my life story. My dad has never put down the bottle for me. He was late to most of my choir, and orchestra concerts. He was also late to my confirmation, not by much but he still was. He tells me he loves me, but it does sound like a lie. He pretends to care about me. All I think he cares about is my grades, but he could be faking that too. 

He needs to figure out on his own that the only thing that will help are relationship, and bring us closer is for him to put the bottle down. Our relationship has been awful the past year. He doesn't understand that he needs to do something he has only done once before, put down the bottle. He is clueless of that, that's the only thing he has to do. 

He doesn't except me for me for me. He calls me worthless. He hates how close I am to God. He hates the thought that I'm not Jewish. He hates how I treat him. He doesn't like me. I feel like my dad wants nothing to do with me but he covers it up, so I don't know what he wants from me, him, my family, or anything/anyone.

I want to be able to love him and him to love me like a true daughter and father have. I don't have that. He treats me like garbage. I'm tired of it. I don't want to be trash anymore. I want him to love me. A fatherly figure is a guy who cares about the child and love them. Do most teenage girls feel this way about their dad? Am I the only one? 

The song "Love for a daughter" means so much to me. It helps me get out my feeling for my dad. I want to love him but I can't the way he's treating me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment