Sunday, October 9, 2011

‎"Don't let people who don't matter bring you down, you are beautiful"

One of my friends sent me this quote a few days ago. I have been living for other people for quite a while now. I just want to please other people and I want to live for other people. I know I need to see me for me but I can't right now. I have been living for other people for so long, I don't know who I am anymore. "Don't let people who don't matter bring you down, you are beautiful." When I graduate high school, the people who do matter will not judge and not bring me down. The people who do bring me down and judge, won't matter so why should I care what they think? I need to understand that what they say doesn't matter. What matters is my true friends and myself. God sees me perfect. So why can't I see that? I am a child of the Creator. The person who came down and died for us. The Man who can see me perfect after all the things I've done. Why can I see beauty in him, and not me? I am trying to see beauty in myself again, but I don't see how I will. I live for other people, when someone tells me I shouldn't wear a certain jacket or a certain type of shirt or something like that, I'll stop wearing it because apparently I looked bad in it. I need to stop caring what other people think, because one day, they won't matter. God is my judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment